How to: choose the right cookery course in Melbourne
So you’ve decided – commercial cookery is the career for you.
If you ask us, you’ve made the right choice. By following a career in commercial cookery, you’ll have the opportunity to not only do rewarding work, but you can also turn your favourite pastime into a career!
Of course, like any career decision, it involves a period of study with an accredited institution.
Do you want to:
- Open your own business?
- Work overseas and in international hotels and cruises?
- Spur your creativity and resourcefulness?
- Nurture your skills and turn them into a new career?
Whatever path you wish to follow, start by choosing an institution to study commercial cookery.
What should you look out for in a cookery course? And what’s more, are one of our commercial cookery courses in Melbourne a good fit for you?
Choose a commercial cookery course that…
Offers plenty of opportunities to gain real-world experience
And we aren’t just talking about workshops, either!
The vast majority of commercial cookery courses in Melbourne (or anywhere in Australia, really) will offer a mix of theory and practical lessons.
These practical lessons are great for getting you accustomed to working in a kitchen – however, even that pales in comparison to the experience of working in a real kitchen.
While most institutions will help you find placements, not all of them boast the same relationships that Academia does!
We’ve partnered with many industry partners, including some of Melbourne’s most exclusive hotels, restaurants and clubs, including:
- Grand Hyatt Melbourne
- The Langham Hotel
- The Westin Melbourne
- Park Hyatt Melbourne
- The RACV Club Melbourne
- The Sheraton Melbourne
By choosing one of our commercial cookery courses in Melbourne, you’ll be exposed to a wide range of different kitchens and working conditions – essential experiences as you prepare to go on to bigger and better things!
Provides opportunities for further learning
As they say, you never stop learning.
That’s why it’s essential that your commercial cookery course in Melbourne offers plenty of opportunities to develop your skills even further, should you decide to!
In addition to a range of interesting electives, Academia also provides commercial cookery students with opportunities to take their learning to the next level.
For example, if you discover that you love making desserts and cakes, you’ll have the opportunity to transfer into our patisserie school.
Additionally, a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery also doubles as a launching pad for further studies, including the Certificate IV.
You can even study a Diploma of Hospitality Management alongside your commercial cookery course if you want to take on more of a managerial position!
Finally, many of our qualifications offer direct entry pathways to university – great news for students thinking of studying management and leadership or hospitality management.
Takes care of you and look after your interests
With so many options to choose from in commercial cookery courses, you might find yourself getting lost in the process.
Other times, you may find yourself struggling to keep up with the workload, and in need of assistance.
The problem with many larger institutions is simply that you can be lost among the sea of faces.
As a medium-sized institution, Academia offers you the best of both worlds. We’re well resourced like a larger institution, while offering the same one-on-one attention typical of smaller institutions.
If you want to find work in commercial cookery, it’s essential that your qualification is formally accredited.
Each of Academia’s commercial cookery courses in Melbourne is formally accredited by a range of agencies:
- Registered and approved by the Australian Skills Quality Authority as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) 21595
- Member of the Independent Tertiary Education Council Australia (ITECA)
- Accredited by the Department of Education
- Registered to receive International Students CRICOS (CRICOS Number 02634E)
- Academia is licensed to deliver Victorian Skills First funding to eligible Australian and New Zealand students.
- Academia is licensed to deliver Queensland Higher Skills funding to eligible Australian and New Zealand students
- Local students that are eligible may apply for the Australian Youth Allowance / Return to work assistance / Austudy / Abstudy payment assistance.
- Academia is licensed to deliver VET Student Loans (income contingent loans) for all Australian Citizens
All of this certifies that you’re getting a quality education, no matter which one of our commercial cookery courses in Melbourne you choose to enrol in.
Enrol in our commercial cookery courses in Academia today!
Interested in a career in a commercial kitchen? Need somewhere to start? If so, you’ve come to the right place!
Academia offers a wide range of different courses throughout hospitality.
In addition to our commercial cookery courses in Melbourne, we also offer courses in hospitality management and patisserie, giving you the option to take your career in the direction you want.
Explore our commercial cookery courses, which include:
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Certificate III in Patisserie
- Certificate IV in Patisserie
Want to know more? Contact Academia!
If you want to get more information about our commercial cookery courses, our friendly course advisors are ready to assist.
Get in touch with us today!