School of Childcare and Aged Care
All courses are fully approved and accredited by the Government of Australia
See More Photos / Videos About Childcare and Aged Care School and Courses
- ▼ Expand All Items
- ▲ Collapse All Items
Academia's school of Community Services offers accredited training to directly enter the Aged Care or Child Care Industries. Both industries are currently experiencing skill shortages with a high demand for qualified staff. If you are passionate in the care of young or old, your career starts at Academia Australia.
Our courses are designed to offer a mix of in-class and on-the-job training, guided by qualified trainers with an average of 10 years experience in their respective fields.
Government funding exists for eligible students by the Commonwealth Government of Victoria as does income contingent loans through VET – Fee Help by the Commonwealth Government of Australia.
Community Services Courses
Why Study At Academia?
- In addition to our largest nationality of Australian Students, Academia has over 50 nationalities attending our Vocational and English courses. Study at Academia and experience the world.
- Academia is known as a leader in quality tuition recognized by Industry and the Australian Government
- Situated in the geographical centre of Melbourne, Australia, our students enjoy being in the middle of Melbourne's central shopping, entertainment, restaurant and business district. Twice voted as the most liveable city in the world, Melbourne is Australia's capital of food, fashion sport and entertainment. Clubs and bars, central markets, the main tourist district, fashionable stores, restaurants and much more are all within walking distance of our college. Being one of the most multicultural cities in the world, international students are made to feel welcome.
- All Academia Courses are Nationally Accredited
- As a mid-sized tertiary institution you will be treated as an individual at Academia with personalized care and a tailored training plan for students who encounter difficulties in progressing in certain subjects.
- Counseling staff, employment officers, student services and marketing personnel are available to assist you with your specific needs. Any personal matters are treated with strict confidentiality
- A number of Universities offer Pathways with Academia allowing students interested in continuing their education to a University Degree level or above.
Students who complete Certificate to Diploma courses have opportunities to enter a large number of Community Services fields including:
- Director (children's services)
- Children's services director/manager
- Group/team coordinator/leader (children's services)
- Program leader (children's services)
- Authorised supervisor (children's services)
- Centre Manager (children's services)
- Children's services coordinator
- Child care worker
- Children's adviser
- Child development worker
- Child care assistant
- Playgroup supervisor
- Family day care worker
- Child care worker
- Care assistant
- Care worker
- Personal care assistant
- Personal care giver
- Residential care worker
Please enter valid information on mandatory fields.
See errors highlighted in red and please try again.
Thanks! Your message has been sent to Academia International