Australian and New Zealand Students
- ▼ Expand All Items
- ▲ Collapse All Items
Victorian Training Guarantee (Melbourne Campus Only)
In 2015 the Victorian and Commonwealth Government will subsidise your training.
Changes to the TAFE and training system are designed to make the system more accessible for people who do not have a post-school qualification or who want to gain a higher level qualification than they already hold.
Your course place guaranteed
Under the previous system, the Victorian State Government funded a set number of training places. Under the changes a subsidised place at an approved training provider is guaranteed for all eligible students. The fee schedule shows the Government Funded student amount in the right-hand column (full fee also shown).
You are eligible for a government subsidised place if you are:
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent resident of Australia,
- Asylum seeker with a referral from the Asylum Seekers Resource Centre, or
- A Victim of Human Trafficking with a referral from the Australian Red Cross; and
- Under 20 years of age in the year in which your course starts, or
- doing a Foundation Level course (provided you do not hold a Diploma level qualification or higher), or
- doing a qualification higher than any you already have (no age restriction), and
- have not commenced or not be scheduled to commence more than two Victorian Government subsidised courses in 2015 and
- not be currently enrolled in two or more Government subsidised courses and
- over your lifetime have not commenced more than two Government subsidised courses at the same level
- Asylum Seekers (must have a referral form from the Asylum Seekers Resource Centre)
- Victims of human trafficking (must have a referral form from the Australian Red Cross)
Unsure whether you are eligible, or would like to find out more?
Contact the Course Advisor on 03 9671 4755, email@example.com or Click here to start an online self assessment
Quality Indicator Reports
Registering Body Report
These indicators are based on a survey of 350 Students. This represents 44% of this organisation's training delivery in the 2014 calendar year.
The Students surveyed for these indicators were selected by the organisation in accordance with national guidelines.
Registration Audit Reports
You may also be eligible for further government grants including:
- Returning to Work (up to $1,000)
- Centrelink Assistance: Austudy / Abstudy (up to $493.90 per fortnight)
- Travel Concession Cards
people with disabilities are also encouraged to apply